The N3000E switch series offers a power-efficient and resilient Gigabit Ethernet GbE) switching solution with integrated 10GbE uplinks for advanced Layer 3 distribution for offices and campus networks. The series has high-performance capabilities and wirespeed performance utilizing a non-blocking architecture to easily handle unexpected traffic loads. Use dual internal hot-swappable 80PLUS-certified power supplies for high availability and power efficiency. The switches offer simple management and scalability via an 84Gbps (full duplex) high-availability stacking architecture that allows management of up to 12 switches from a single IP address. Note: With OS 6.5.1.x and higher, max stack for N3000 series is 8;
however, N3000E series and N3132PX-ON support max stack of 12 members. N3000 series can be stacked with N3000E series; however, stack size is limited to 8 and active VLANs to 1024.
- Modernize campus network architectures
Modernize campus network architectures with a power-efficient and resilient 1/10GbE switching solution with dense Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) and PoE 60W. Select N3000E models offer 24 or 48 ports of PoE+, or up to 32 ports of PoE 60W to deliver clean power to network devices such as wireless access points (APs), Voice-over-IP (VoIP) handsets, video conferencing systems and security cameras. For greater interoperability in multivendor networks, N3000E series switches offer the latest open-standard protocols and include technology to interface with Cisco protocol RPVST+ and devices using CDP.
Achieve high availability and full bandwidth utilization with Multichassis Link Aggregation (MLAG). N3000E series switches support MLAG to create active/active loop-free redundancy without spanning tree. Server rooms can deliver reliable server and storage connectivity with features to help save time and avoid configuration errors. N3000E supports VRF-lite, allowing it to be partitioned into multiple virtual routers with isolated control and data planes on the same physical switch.
- Leverage familiar tools and practices
All N-Series switches include Dell EMC Networking OS6, designed for easier deployment, greater interoperability and a lower learning curve for network administrators. OS6 common command line interface (CLI) and graphic user interface (GUI) are intuitive, so skilled network administrators can get productive quickly. Select N3000E switches
now support the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), enabling installation of alternate network operating systems.
- Deploy with confidence at any scale
N3000E series switches help create performance assurance with a data rate up to 328Gbps (full duplex) and a forwarding rate up to 428Mpps. Scale easily with built-in rear stacking ports. Switch stacks of up to 624 1GbE ports can be managed from a single screen using the highly available stacking architecture for high-density aggregation
with seamless redundant availability. The N-Series switches’ lifetime warranty covers software upgrades, hardware repair or replacement, and optics and cables purchased with the switch.* Details at Dell.com/LifetimeWarranty.*
*Select Networking products carry a Lifetime Limited Warranty with Basic Hardware Service (repair or replacement) for life. Repair or replacement does not include troubleshooting, configuration, or other advanced service provided by Dell EMC ProSupport.
- Hardware, performance and efficiency
- Up to 48 line-rate GbE ports of copper or fiber, two combo ports for fiber/copper flexibility, and two integrated 10GbE SFP+ ports.
- Up to 48 ports of PoE+ or 32 ports of PoE 60W in 1RU without an external power supply.
- Up to eight 2.5/5GbE ports delivering additional bandwidth for Wave 2 wireless access points.
- Hot swappable expansion module supporting dual-port SFP+ or dual-port 10GBaseT.
- Available with dual 80PLUS-certified hot swappable power supplies. Variable speed fan operation helps decrease cooling and power costs.
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet and lower power PHYs reduce power to inactive ports and idle links, providing energy savings from the power cord to the port.
- Dell EMC Fresh Air compliance for operation in environments up to 113°F (45°C) reduces cooling costs
- Deploying, configuring and managing
- USB auto-configuration rapidly deploys the switch without complex TFTP configurations or sending technical staff to remote offices.
- Management via an intuitive and familiar CLI, embedded web server (GUI), SNMP-based management console application (including Dell EMC OpenManage Network Manager), Telnet or serial connection.
- Private VLAN extensions and Private VLAN Edge support.
|Performance & Capacity|
|Static Routes||1,024 (IPv4) / 1,024 (IPv6)|
|Dynamic Routes||8,160 (IPv4) / 4,096 (IPv6)|
|Switch Fabric Capacity (Gbps)||212||212||212||260||260||328|
|Forwarding Rate (Mpps)||158||158||158||193||193||428|
|Queues per Port||8|
|Line-rate Layer 2 Switching||All (non-blocking)|
|Line-rate Layer 3 Routing||All (non-blocking)|
|Flash Memory (MB)||256||512|
|Packet Buffer Memory (MB)||4||5|
|CPU Memory (GB)||1||2|
|OSPF Routing Interfaces||8,160|
|RIP Routing Interfaces||512|
|ECMP Next Hops per Route||4|
|VLAN Routing Interfaces||128|
|Multicast Forwarding Entries||1,536 (IPv4) / 512 (IPv6)|
|Access Control Lists (ACL)||Supported|
|MAC & IP-based ACLs||Supported|
|Max ACL Rules (System-wide)||4,096|
|Max Rules per ACL||1,023|
|Max ACL Rules per Interface (IPv4)|
|Max ACL Rules per Interface (IPv6)|
|Max Number Of ACLs||100|
|Max VLAN Interfaces With ACLs Applied||24|
|Power Supply (Watts)||200||200||715 or 1,100||200||1,100||1,100|
|Max Thermal Output (BTU/hr)||151.4||204.6||4,467.1||220.97||3,113.33||7216.68|
|Power Consumption Max (Watts)||53.5||67.1||1,287||64.8||2,145||2,067|
|Maximum PoE Watts per Port||–||–||–||60W on 32 ports|
|System Weight (Kg)||6||6||6.6||6.3||6.9||7.12|
|System Dimensions (H x W x D)(mm)||43.5 x 434 x 407|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 45°C|
|Storage Temperature||–40° to 65°C|
|Storage Relative Humidity||85%|
|10/100/1000Mb RJ45 Ports||24||–||24||48||48||24|
|10/100/1000/2500/5000Mb RJ45 Port||–||–||–||–||–||8|
|GbE combo media ports||2||2||2||2||2||–|
|SFP GbE Port||–||24 (1000-SX or 1000-LX)||–||–||–||–|
|PoE/PoE+ Port||–||–||–||24 x PoE 60W|
For more information, please read product’s datasheet: N3000 Series Switches Datasheet PDF