The switch HPE 5130 EI series delivers flexibility, scalability and low TCO at access layer of medium and large enterprise campus networks. The series offers enterprise class QoS and security, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) stacking, static layer 3 routing and RIP, convenient fixed 10GbE uplink ports, PoE+, ACLs, IPv6 and delivers energy savings with Energy Efficient Ethernet.
The HPE 5130 EI switch can be managed with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your entire network.
What’s new on HPE 5130 EI ?
- Scalable managed switches with static layer 3 routing, RIP and 9 chassis IRF stacking.
- Four fixed 10GbE uplinks (SFP+ and 10GBASE-T).
- PoE+ models for voice, video and wireless.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Features of switch HPE 5130 EI
Scalable and Flexible Access Layer Switches
- The switch HPE 5130 EI series delivers flexibility, scalability and low TCO at access layer of medium- and large-enterprise campus networks. The HPE 5130 supports stacking, fixed 10GbE ports, static L3 routing and RIP v1/v2, PoE+, ACLs, IPv6 and Energy Efficient Ethernet power savings.
- Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) virtualizes up to nine physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, more agile networks.
- Four fixed 10GbE uplinks (SFP+ and 10GBASE-T) deliver performance for bandwidth intensive applications.
- Includes Software-defined Network (SDN) capabilities with OpenFlow 1.3 support for future proofing your network.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty and no software licensing required.
Improved Quality of Service with Traffic Management
- The switch HPE 5130 EI series supports advanced classifier-based QoS which groups traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2 and 3 information; applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or entire switch.
- Provides traffic prioritization with supported congestion actions include: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted random early detection (WRED), and SP+WRR and traffic policing with Committed Access Rate (CAR) and line rate.
- Reduce unwanted network traffic with broadcast control allows limitation of broadcast traffic rate to cut down on unwanted network broadcast traffic.
Comprehensive Security Control
- HPE switch supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X and MAC Authentication for greater security and policy-driven application authentication. Per-user access control lists (ACLs) provide identity-driven security and access control.
- ACLs provide IP Layer 2 to Layer 4 traffic filtering; supports global ACL, VLAN ACL, port ACL, and IPv6 ACL.
- Security with encryption of access methods (CLI, GUI, or MIB) through SSHv2, SSL, and/or SNMPv3, and other features including DHCP protection, IP source guard, dynamic ARP protection and RADIUS/HWTACAS.
Single View of the Network
- The switch HPE 5130 EI series can be seamlessly managed with Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- RMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms and events.