The PA-220R is a ruggedized next-generation Firewall that secures industrial and defense networks in a range of harsh environments, such as utility substations, power plants, manufacturing plants, oil and gas facilities, building management systems, and healthcare networks.
The controlling element of the PA-220R is PAN-OS®, which natively classifies all traffic, inclusive of applications, threats, and content, and then ties that traffic to the user regardless of location or device type. The application, content, and user—in other words, the elements that run your business— then serve as the basis of your security policies, resulting in improved security posture and reduced incident response time.
- Extended operating range for temperature.
- Certified to IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613 environmental and testing standards for vibration, temperature, and immunity to electromagnetic interference.
- Dual DC power (12–48V).
- High availability firewall configuration (active/active and active/passive).
- Fanless design with no moving parts.
- Flexible I/O with support for both copper and optical via SFP ports.
- Flexible mounting options, including DIN rail, rack, and wall mount.
- Simplified remote site deployment via USB-based bootstrapping.
Performance and Capacities
|Firewall throughput (HTTP/appmix)||500/580 Mbps|
|Threat Prevention throughput (HTTP/ appmix)||240/280 Mbps|
|IPsec VPN throughput||500 Mbps|
|New sessions per second||4,200|
|Network Address Translation|
|Power Supply (Avg/Max Power Consumption)|
|Input Voltage (Input Frequency)|
|Max Current Consumption|
|Weight (Stand-Alone Device/As Shipped)|