The N1100 switch series offers a power-efficient Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) network-access switching solution with integrated 1GbE and 10GbE uplinks. With high-performance capabilities and wire-speed performance, utilizing a non-blocking architecture to easily handle unexpected traffic loads, the switches offer simple management and scalability via a 1Gbps (full-duplex) high availability stacking architecture that allows management of up to four switches from a single IP address. Fanless operation on select models, and features
such as Energy-Efficient Ethernet and short cable detection provide energy efficiency to help decrease power and cooling costs.
- Modernize campus network architectures
Modernize campus network architectures with a powerefficient and resilient 1/10GbE switching solution with up to 24 PoE/PoE+ ports. PoE power budgets up to 375W
deliver clean power to network devices such as wireless access points (APs), Voiceover-IP (VoIP) handsets, video conferencing systems and security cameras.
- Leverage familiar tools and practices
All N-Series switches include Dell EMC Networking OS 6, designed for easier deployment, greater interoperability and a lower learning curve for network administrators. One
common command line interface (CLI) and graphic user interface (GUI) using a well-known command language gets skilled network administrators productive quickly. The
N1100 switch series also supports the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), enabling installation of alternate network operating systems.
- Deploy with confidence at any scale
N1100 series switches help create performance assurance with a data rate up to 176Gbps (full duplex) and a forwarding rate up to 164Mpps. Scale easily by stacking
with 10GbE ports. Switch stacks of up to 192 1GbE ports can be managed from a single screen using the highly available stacking architecture for high-density aggregation
with seamless redundant availability. N-Series switches help provide certainty with a lifetime warranty that covers software upgrades, hardware repair or replacement, and
optics and cables purchased with the switch. Details at Dell.com/LifetimeWarranty.*
*Select Networking products carry a Lifetime Limited Warranty with Basic Hardware Service (repair or replacement) for life. Repair or replacement does not include troubleshooting, configuration, or other advanced service provided by Dell EMC ProSupport.
- Hardware, performance and efficiency
- Up to 48 line-rate GbE RJ45 ports and four integrated 10GbE SFP+ ports.
- Up to 12 PoE/PoE+ ports without an optional external power supply.
- Up to 192 1GbE ports in a 4-unit stack for high-density, high-availability in IDFs, MDFs and wiring closets.
- Non-stop forwarding and fast failover in stack configurations (24- and 48-port models only).
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet and lower power PHYs reduce power to inactive ports and idle links, providing energy savings from the power cord to the port.
- Fresh Air compliance for operation in environments up to 113°F (45°C) helps reduce cooling costs in temperature-constrained deployments.
- Deploying, configuring and managing
- USB auto-configuration rapidly deploys the switch without setting up complex TFTP configurations or sending technical staff to remote offices.
- Management via an intuitive and familiar CLI, embedded web server (GUI), SNMP-based management console application (including Dell OpenManage Network Manager), Telnet or serial connection.
- Deploy, monitor and troubleshoot via integration with HiveManager cloud or on-premise management Private VLAN extensions and Private VLAN Edge support.
- AAA authorization, TACACS+ accounting and RADIUS support for comprehensive secure access support.
- Authentication tiering allows network administrators to tier port authentication methods such as 802.1x, MAC Authentication.
- Bypass and Captive Portal in priority order so that a single port can provide flexible access and security.
- Remote Switch Port Analyzer (RSPAN) monitors ports across a Layer 2 domain without costly dedicated network taps.
|Performance & Capacity|
|Switch Fabric Capacity (Gbps)||24||24||128||128||176||176|
|Forwarding Rate (Mpps)||18||18||96||96||132||132|
|Queues per Port||8|
|Line-rate Layer 2 Switching||All (non-blocking)|
|Flash Memory||1 GB|
|Packet Buffer Memory (MB)||1.5||1.5||2||2||4||4|
|CPU Memory||1 GB|
|ARP Entries||2,048 (IPv4) / 512 (IPv6)|
|Access Control Lists (ACL)||Supported|
|MAC & IP-based ACLs||Supported|
|Max ACL Rules (System-wide)||4,000|
|Max Configurable Rules per List||1,023|
|Max ACL Rules per Interface And Direction (IPv4/L2)||1,023|
|Max ACL Rules per Interface And Direction (IPv6)||1,021 ing / 253 egr|
|Max ACL Logging Rules (System-wide)||128|
|Max Number Of ACLs||100|
|Max VLAN Interfaces With ACLs Applied||24|
|Power Supply (Watts)||24W AC||24W AC||40W AC||250W AC||60W AC||500W AC|
|Max Thermal Output (BTU/hr)||35.72||66.53||65.85||851.66||102.98||1566.15|
|Power Consumption Max (Watts)||10.47 W||19.51 W||19.3 W||249.6 W||30.18 W||459 W|
|PoE Power Budget||–||137W||–||190W AC||–||375W AC|
|System Weight (Kg)||1.61||1.81||3.05||3.78||3.78||4.17|
|System Dimensions (H x W x D)(mm)||41 x 209 x 250||41 x 209 x 250||44.45 x 431.8 x 254||44.45 x 431.8 x 254||44.45 x 431.8 x 254||44.45 x 431.8 x 254|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 45°C|
|Storage Temperature||–40° to 65°C|
|Storage Relative Humidity||85%|
|10/100/1000Mbps half/full duplex RJ45 Port (Multi-speed)||8||8||24||24||48||48|
|1000Mbps half/full duplex RJ45 Port (Single Speed)||2||2||–||–||–||–|
|1GbE SFP Port||2||2||–||–||–||–|
|10GbE SFP+ Port||–||–||4||4||4||4|
For more information, please read product’s datasheet: N1100 Series Switches Datasheet PDF