The N1500 switch series offers a power-efficient Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) network-access switching solution with integrated 10GbE uplinks. With high-performance capabilities and wire-speed performance, utilizing a non-blocking architecture to easily handle unexpected traffic loads, the switches offer simple management and scalability via an 40Gbps (full-duplex) high availability stacking architecture that allows management of up to four switches from a single IP address. An integrated 80PLUS-certified power supply and features such as Energy-Efficient Ethernet and short cable detection provide energy efficiency to help decrease power and cooling costs.
- Modernize campus network architectures
Modernize campus network architectures with a power-efficient and resilient 1/10GbE switching solution with Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+). Select N1500 models offer 24 or 48 ports of PoE+ to deliver clean power to network devices such as wireless access points (APs), Voice-over-IP (VoIP) handsets, video conferencing systems and security cameras.
- Leverage familiar tools and practices
All N-Series switches include Dell EMC Networking OS 6, designed for easier deployment, greater interoperability and a lower learning curve for network administrators. One common command line interface (CLI) and graphic user interface (GUI) using a well-known command language gets skilled network administrators productive quickly. With USB auto-configuration, network administrators can rapidly deploy mirrored configurations to numerous devices by
simply inserting a USB key.
- Deploy with confidence at any scale
N1500 series switches help create performance assurance with a data rate up to 176Gbps (full duplex) and a forwarding rate up to 164Mpps. Scale easily by stacking with 10GbE ports. Switch stacks of up to 200 1GbE ports can be managed from a single screen using the highly available stacking architecture for high-density aggregation with seamless redundant availability. N-Series switches help provide certainty with a lifetime warranty that covers software upgrades, hardware repair or replacement, and optics and cables purchased with the switch. Details at Dell.com/LifetimeWarranty.*
*Select Networking products carry a Lifetime Limited Warranty with Basic Hardware Service (repair or replacement) for life. Repair or replacement does not include troubleshooting, configuration, or other advanced service provided by Dell EMC ProSupport.
- Hardware, performance and efficiency
- Up to 48 line-rate GbE RJ-45 ports and four integrated 10GbE SFP+ ports.
- Up to 48 ports of PoE+ with an optional external power supply.
- Up to 200 1GbE ports in a 4-unit stack for high-density, high-availability in IDFs, MDFs and wiring closets.
- Non-stop forwarding and fast failover in stack configurations.
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet and lower power PHYs reduce power to inactive ports and idle links, providing energy savings from the power cord to the port.
- Fresh Air compliance for operation in environments up to 113°F (45°C) helps reduce cooling costs in temperature constrained deployments.
- Deploying, configuring and managing
- USB auto-configuration rapidly deploys the switch without setting up complex TFTP configurations or sending technical staff to remote offices.
- Management via an intuitive and familiar CLI, embedded web server (GUI), SNMP-based management console application (including Dell EMC OpenManage Network Manager), Telnet or serial connection.
- Private VLAN extensions and Private VLAN Edge support.
- AAA authorization, TACACS+ accounting and RADIUS support for comprehensive secure access support.
- Authentication tiering allows network administrators to tier port authentication methods such as 802.1x, MAC Authentication
- Bypass and Captive Portal in priority order so that a single port can provide flexible access and security.
- Layer 3 Lite IPv4 and IPv6 functionality including static routing and Routing Information Protocol support.
- Remote Switch Port Analyzer (RSPAN) monitors ports across a Layer 2 domain without costly dedicated network taps.
|Performance & Capacity|
|Static Routes||256 (IPv4) / 128 (IPv6)|
|Dynamic Routes||256 (IPv4)|
|Switch Fabric Capacity (Gbps)||128||128||176||176|
|Forwarding Rate (Mpps)||128||128||164||164|
|Queues per Port||8|
|Line-rate Layer 2 Switching||All (non-blocking)|
|Line-rate Layer 3 Routing||All (non-blocking)|
|Flash Memory||256 MB|
|Packet Buffer Memory (MB)||1.5|
|CPU Memory||1 GB|
|RIP Routing Interfaces||128|
|VLAN Routing Interfaces||128|
|ARP Entries||2,048 (IPv4) / 512 (IPv6)|
|Access Control Lists (ACL)||Supported|
|MAC & IP-based ACLs||Supported|
|Max Number of ACLs||Supported|
|Max ACL Rules (System-wide)||2,048|
|Max Configurable Rules per List||1,023|
|Max ACL Rules per Interface (IPv4)||
|Max ACL Rules per Interface (IPv6)||
|Max VLAN Interfaces With ACLs Applied||24|
|Power Supply (Watts)||40W AC||600W AC||100W AC||600W AC|
|Max Thermal Output (BTU/hr)||103.1||2972||152.2||5824.3|
|Power Consumption Max (Watts)||30.2 W||871 W||44.6 W||1704 W|
|Maximum PoE Watts per port||–||30.8 W||–||30.8 W|
|System Weight (Kg)||3||5.8||4||7|
|System Dimensions (H x W x D)(mm)||43.5 x 440 x 257||43.5 x 440 x 387||43.5 x 440 x 257||43.5 x 440 x 387|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 45°C|
|Storage Temperature||–40° to 65°C|
|Storage Relative Humidity||85%|
|10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 fixed ports||24||24||48||48|
|10GbE SFP+ Port||4||4||4||4|
For more information, please read product’s datasheet: N1500 Series Switches Datasheet PDF