The N2000 switch series offers a power-efficient Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) network-access switching solution with integrated 10GbE uplinks. With high-performance capabilities and wire-speed performance, utilizing a non-blocking architecture to easily handle unexpected traffic loads, the switches offer simple management and scalability via an 84Gbps (fullduplex) high availability stacking architecture that allows management of up to twelve switches from a single IP address. An integrated 80PLUScertified power supply and features such as Energy-Efficient Ethernet and short cable detection provide energy efficiency to help decrease power and cooling costs.
- Modernize campus network architectures
Modernize campus network architectures with a power-efficient and resilient 1/10GbE switching solution with Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+). Select N2000 models offer 24 or 48 ports of PoE+ to deliver clean power to network devices such as wireless access points (APs), Voice-over-IP (VoIP) handsets, video conferencing systems and
security cameras. For greater interoperability in multivendor networks, N2000 switches offer the latest open-standard protocols and include technology to interface with Cisco protocol RPVST+ and devices using CDP
- Leverage familiar tools and practices
All N-Series switches include Dell EMC Networking OS6, designed for easier deployment, greater interoperability and a lower learning curve for network administrators. One common command line interface (CLI) and graphic user interface (GUI) using a well-known command language gets skilled network administrators productive quickly. With USB
auto-configuration, network administrators can rapidly deploy mirrored configurations to numerous devices by simply inserting a USB key.
- Deploy with confidence at any scale
N2200-ON series switches help create performance assurance with a data rate up to 220Gbps (full duplex) and a forwarding rate up to 256Mpps. Scale easily with built-in rear stacking ports. Switch stacks of up to 600 1GbE ports can be managed from a single screen using the highly available stacking architecture for high-density aggregation with
seamless redundant availability.
N-Series switches help provide certainty with a lifetime warranty that covers software upgrades, hardware repair or replacement, and optics
and cables purchased with the switch. Details at Dell.com/LifetimeWarranty.*
*Select Networking products carry a Lifetime Limited Warranty with Basic Hardware Service (repair or replacement) for life. Repair or replacement does not include troubleshooting, configuration, or other advanced service provided by Dell EMC ProSupport.
- Hardware, performance and efficiency
- Up to 48 line-rate GbE RJ-45 ports and two integrated 10GbE SFP+ ports.
- Support for 24 ports of PoE+ in 1RU or up to 48 ports of PoE+ with an optional external power supply.
- N2128PX-ON supports PoE 60W over its 4 2.5GbE ports, delivering up to 60W per port and bandwidth for Wave 2 wireless.
- Up to 600 1GbE ports in a 12-unit stack for high-density, high-availability in IDFs, MDFs and wiring closets.
- Non-stop forwarding and fast failover in stack configurations.
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet and lower power PHYs reduce power to inactive ports and idle links, providing energy savings from the power cord to the port.
- Dell Fresh Air compliance for operation in environments up to 113°F (45°C) helps reduce cooling costs in temperature constrained deployments.
- Deploying, configuring and managing
- USB auto-configuration rapidly deploys the switch without complex TFTP configurations or sending technical staff to remote offices.
- Management via an intuitive and familiar CLI, embedded web server (GUI), SNMP-based management console application (including Dell OpenManage Network Manager), Telnet or serial connection.
- Private VLAN extensions and Private VLAN Edge support.
- AAA authorization, TACACS+ accounting and RADIUS support for comprehensive secure access support.
- Authentication tiering allows network administrators to tier port authentication methods such as 802.1x, MAC Authentication
- Bypass and Captive Portal in priority order so that a single port can provide flexible access and security.
- Achieve high availability and full bandwidth utilization with MLAG and support firmware upgrades without taking the network offline
- Interfaces with RPVST+ protocol for greater flexibility and interoperability in Cisco networks.
- Layer 3 Standard IPv4 and IPv6 functionality including static routing, RIP, and OSPFv2 support.
|Performance & Capacity|
|Static Routes||256 (IPv4) / 128 (IPv6)|
|Dynamic Routes||256 (IPv4)|
|Switch Fabric Capacity (Gbps)||172||172||192||192||220|
|Forwarding Rate (Mpps)||128||128||164||164||256|
|Queues per Port||8|
|Line-rate Layer 2 Switching||All (non-blocking)|
|Line-rate Layer 3 Switching||All (non-blocking)|
|Flash Memory (MB)||256||512|
|Packet Buffer Memory (MB)||4||5|
|CPU Memory (GB)||1||2|
|RIP Routing Interfaces||256|
|VLAN Routing Interfaces||256|
|Access Control Lists (ACL)||Supported|
|MAC & IP-based ACLs||Supported|
|Max ACL Rules (System-wide)||2,048|
|Max Rules per ACL||1,023|
|Max ACL Rules per Interface (IPv4)||
|Max ACL Rules per Interface (IPv6)||
|Max Number Of ACLs||100|
|Max VLAN Interfaces With ACLs Applied||24|
|Power Supply (Watts)||100||1000||100||1000||1000|
|Max Thermal Output (BTU/hr)||117.44||3113.33||167.7||6069.8||6069.8|
|Power Consumption Max (Watts)||42.9||913||53.9||1738||1039.8|
|Max PoE Watts per Port (Watts)||–||30.8||–||30.8||
|System Weight without Modules (Kg)||3.69||6.37||4.05||6.8||6.83|
|System Dimensions (H x W x D)(mm)||43.5 x 440 x 257||43.5 x 440 x 387||43.5 x 440 x 257||43.5 x 440 x 387||43.2 x 440 x 387|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 45°C|
|Storage Temperature||–40° to 65°C|
|Storage Relative Humidity||85%|
|10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 Port||24||24||48||48||24|
|PoE/PoE+ Port||–||24 PoE+||–||48 PoE+||24 PoE+ / 4 PoE|
|10GbE SFP+ Port||2||2||2||2||2|
|10/100/1000/2500Mb PoE 60W RJ45 Port||–||–||–||–||4|
For more information, please read product’s datasheet: N2000 Series Switches Datasheet PDF